We've been upgrading our music video app—simplifying DIY music video production for making lyric videos, promo videos and more.
The next time you make a Rotor video, you’re going to have a much better experience...we promise! We’ve carried out a considerable project, adding a ton of new features, revamping the interface and tweaking things under the hood so you can create even better videos.
How did this come about?
We have an ongoing, long term goal to reduce the time it takes to make a music video with Rotor. We found that most of your time was spent hunting for clips - and we wanted to do something about that. We realised we hadn’t moved with the times, and we were fast becoming more of a primitive phone-book-style search mission rather than a cutting edge library of awesome clips.
We knew we had some seriously good clips in our library, but we couldn’t understand why they weren’t being used much in videos.
Time for some humble pie:
- Turns out if you wanted footage of a certain style or scene, you were scanning every thumbnail in every folder (that is, until you understandably ran out of patience!)
- For anyone who ever wanted some simple sunset footage for their video and had to look through every folder manually - we apologise.
- For anyone who hit the “back” button in their browser, we apologise for taking you somewhere you weren’t expecting.
Here's what we set out to achieve...
- Get you guys seeing a preview of your video quicker than before
- Inspire you guys with relevant clips along the way
- Cause more delight when showing the video preview for the first time
Turns out a lot of our users are the creative type (who knew?). They already have a vision in mind for their video and want clips that match their vision quickly using natural language.
Let’s take an example: say you want to open up with some dancing, or a nightclub, or perhaps dancing in a nightclub. You should be able to find if there’s suitable content faster than going in and out of every category we have.
Next time you browse our clips, you should see these new things:
Hover to preview
There’s no longer a need to click on a clip to watch it on desktop (yay!). Just hover over with your mouse/cursor and see a quick preview. Feel free to select it if you want to watch the whole thing.
Now you can search (a-la-Google) for what you need for your video; be it “Chill”, “Water” or “Outdoors” for example, just type it into the search box
*Don’t panic though - for those of you who are used to finding things the old way — collections are your friend and we’ve got big plans for them coming soon.
More like this
Now you can wander (in a Pinterest-esque manner) through our clips; as we suggest similar clips for you underneath the one you’re watching
More efficient uploading
For those of you who upload your own footage, you can now do this with multiple files at the same time. We’ve a feeling this is going to save you time and frustration.
A little something for you
To celebrate this achievement, we are giving away one free video to 10 lucky winners! We built Rotor to make great videos achievable for everyone – for the winners, we’re making it free too!
How to Enter
Entering the competition couldn’t be easier. Here’s how to be in with a chance of winning:
- Sign up to Rotor Videos (for free!)
- Retweet/share our competition post on Twitter or Facebook
- Give us a follow!
Terms & Conditions
Here’s all the details you need to know:
- Competition opens 14/06/2019
- Competition closes 30/06/2019
- Winner will be announced by social media
- Prize includes one free video made on Rotor to 10 winners
- To qualify for prize draw, entrants must:
- Winner will be selected at random
- By entering competition, you agree to the terms & conditions