We lay out some of the best platforms you can use to distribute your music in 2022.
Music distribution has changed a lot in recent decades. What used to involve physical media and large physical supply chains now can be done with a simple upload and a service that distributes your music files to the many music platforms out there. The job of promotion still has to be done, but the job of digital distribution has been made easy thanks to digital distribution platforms.
A music distribution service will help you promote your music and get it on all the major streaming platforms. Sharing your music on as many platforms as possible guarantees the highest reach to your listeners. Here are a few that stand out to us.
1. CD Baby
CD Baby is one of the first and most popular digital music distributors. They offer a la carte services, so you only pay for what you need. This can be great if you only need a few services, but it can get expensive if you need everything they offer. They also have an annual fee, which can add up if you're not careful.
- One of the first and most popular digital music distributors
- Offers a la carte services, so you only pay for what you need
- No annual fee
2. Ditto Music
Ditto Music is one of the most affordable digital music distributors. This can be great if you need a lot of services, but it can be slow if you only need a few.
- One of the most affordable digital music distributors
- Offers a wide range of services, from music distribution to artist management
Distrokid is a music distribution platform that allows artists to upload and sell their music online while keeping 100% of the profits. The service offers a variety of features, including the ability to upload an unlimited number of songs, create custom album artwork, and set prices for their music.
- Provides ability to create custom links to promote their music on social media and through email.
- Artists can also create a custom URL for their music page on the Distrokid website.
- The service is available in over 200 countries and is available in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Japanese.